Friday, 18 October 2013

3 Movies I'm Desperately Waiting For!

Howdy, people!

Today's blog post is going to be about one of my favourite pastimes - watching movies! They provide a great escape from reality, especially if the movies are set in a futuristic or supernatural world. If you're bored and you don't know what to do, just watch a movie! You'll definitely end up having a nice couple of hours.

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of the word 'movie', though, is popcorn! Spending my day in a movie theatre, watching my favourite movie, with my favorite people, with a bucket of my favourite popcorn (cheese flavoured, of course!)... that's simply the best!

Here are three movies I cannot wait for. Okay, two are them are movies based on books (and the third on a comic), but hey! Those are the best ones!

1) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire:
 

Oh, yeah. The second installment in THG series is finally here. It picks up right where the first movie ended. After their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the districts of Panem, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark realise that the games may have ended - but the real war is about to begin. This movie is guaranteed to be even better than the first one, because the new director seems much more promising, there's a gripping love triangle in the storyline, there's an uprising just waiting to happen, and most importantly, the 75th Hunger Games are even better than the previous ones!

It's supposed to release on 29th November, '13 in India, which is about a week after the actual international release, but... I'll take what I can get.

Watch this movie with amazing popcorn and some die-hard fans of THG, and be prepared for the sea of feels that's going to come your way!


Here's the trailer:



2) Divergent:

Another book that I simply L-O-V-E.
According to IMDb, the story goes like this: Beatrice Prior, a teenager with a special mind, finds her life threatened when an authoritarian leader seeks to exterminate her kind in her effort to seize control of their divided society. The choices she makes will affect not just her and her loved ones, but the entire society as well...


First things first: The cast of this movie seems perfect. The lead actor, who plays Four, is incredibly attractive. It's going to release on my eighteenth birthday (21st March, '14). Oh, and there are scenes involving characters shooting guns, kicking and punching villains in the face, people dying, people being romantic, people fighting their fears... Siiiigh.

And also, guess who's the villain in this movie trilogy? Kate Winslet. That's right; she plays Jeanine Matthews, leader of Erudite, and I'm sure she's going to be awesome.

The only downside to this movie is that a lot of the actors are British, but unfortunately they're all going to fake American accents. :(


Watch this movie with more delicious popcorn, people ready to get their minds blown, and I guarantee you'll enjoy it!

Check out the (incredibly tiny) teaser trailer below:


3) The Amazing Spider-Man 2:

Okay, so by now you probably think I'm a geek. But if you still have some doubts, let me clear 'em for you. Yes, I'm a geek. :)
Anyway, not much is revealed about this movie. We only know who's playing which character, who the villains are, and when the movie's going to release (2nd May, '14).
But the first Spider-Man movie was great, mostly because the storyline followed that of the comic's in a much better way, and also because Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are beautiful people who look great together. Also, they're perfect.
Oh, and Shailene Woodley (who plays the lead actress, Tris, in Divergent) is going to start an awesome love triangle by playing Mary-Jane, but that's only going to be in the third movie, apparently.

I like love-triangles, but sensible ones, like Archie/Betty/Veronica and Katniss/Peeta/Gale, not ones that involve pseudo-werewolves and/or vampires.

I didn't get the chance to watch the first one in 3D, so I simply have to put on those awkward and oversized glasses (I have a small face!) when I'm in the theatre for this movie.

There isn't a trailer yet, but here's a GIF you'll probably love.

Squeeee!

Well, these are some movies I really want to watch. What about you? Are you currently fangirling/fanboying over any films? Do tell me in the comments below.
 
Ah, fangirling. So much fun it is.

Thanks for reading! :) See you all next time!

4 comments:

  1. Ram-leela.
    Hindi, but seems to be exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! :)
      Dhoom-3 is gonna be pretty good, too. Plus it's got Katrina Kaif. She rules!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I KNOW!!!! :D :D :D
      (Did you just read that in Monica's voice? ME TOO!) XD

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)