Friday, 25 October 2013

What's in My Vellvette Bag! (October 2013)

Hey, everyone! :)

Our October Vellvette Bag was delivered to me this afternoon, quite early in fact, because it usually doesn't reach Bangalore before the 30th of every month!

This time they sent the products in this beautiful blue bag. The good thing is that since the bag looks pretty good, you can actually make use of it instead of stashing it somewhere inside your closet!


But the only problem is that I could smell one of the products, the lemon shower gel even before taking the bag out of the packaging - that's because the gel had leaked out of the tube. This 'dampened' my spirits a little bit...


I hope next time Vellvette will take care with the packaging, because now the shower gel is no longer 'full-size'. :|

Anyway, I received 4+1 products this time; the extra product, a Florelle Palette, is actually a prize I won in the Vellvette Beauty Awards Twitter Contest back in August! Here's what I got:



1) Vantiv Energizing Shampoo (250 ml) + Refreshing Lemon Shower Gel (180 ml):


These two products are a combo set, and both are full size products! :D


The 'Energizing Shampoo' promises to give limp and tired hair an improved lustre and bounce because it's enriched with Silk Protein. I guess the protein will do my hair some good, but I don't actually need any more volume in my already thick hair. I guess I'll just have to try this product and see what it's like!

This product, I hope I will like.

The Lemon Shower Gel looks goood! It has a really citric scent, which I absolutely love! It's enriched with skin-softening glycerin that helps to energize your senses. I have high hopes for this product!

This product, I love!

2) Brocato Actives Restorative Hair Infusion Serum (7 ml):


 Yay, Brocato! Even though this product is only a sample, I'm glad I got this. Paired with the Curlinterrupted balm that I received in last month's bag, this serum promises to rid my hair of every bit of frizz! :)
The serum is 100% SLS and Paraben free, so I don't need to worry about any chemical damage to my hair.
Again, I'll be saving this serum for special occasions when I want to look my best! :)



This product, I absolutely love!

3) Florelle True Kohl Pencil (in Black):


This eye pencil comes in four shades; black, blue, green, and brown. I got the black eye pencil, thankfully, because the Colossal Kajal that I currently use doesn't work as well as I'd like it to, and I already have eye pencils in blue and brown - plus, who wears green eyeliner anyway?
I still wish this was a retractable eyeliner, or at least came with a built-in sharpener.

This product, I like.

I also received the Florelle Eyeshadow Palette as my VBA 2013 prize. It has four shades - black, white, metallic blue and electric blue. The sponge applicator is already withering, though....

This isn't officially part of my bag, but this product I wouldn't like if it weren't for the fact that I'd won it. :)

Overall, I'm really happy with this month's bag. The total worth of this bag (excluding the contest prize) is a whopping Rs. 1,026, which is about thrice as much as I'd paid for it!!!!


Again, I received a 'welcome bonus' to share with my friends. Using this code, you can get Rs. 100/- on your first beauty bag! Here's the code: WLCM13, and it's valid only till 30th November '13, so hurry!

If you received your October Vellvette Bag, do tell me what you got and what you thought of it. Be sure to check in next time for a new blog post.

Bye-bye! :)

4 comments:

  1. You have a great blog...i liked the animation part...esp the last one...:) Thanks so much for the comment in my blog, much appreciate!
    Nisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning the favour! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post. I got almost the same stuff except for a blush instead of kohl and moisturising shampoo by Vantiv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How's the moisturising shampoo? The energising one isn't that good...

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)