The 'Friends' quiz I did seemed to be quite popular with you (check it out here, if you haven't already), so today I thought we could do something along those lines, but a little more grand!
So, I recently read up on something called the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which helps you analyse your personality in a much, much better way. This theory divides personalities into sixteen different types, based on four factors: your world (Introversion or Extraversion), how you take in information (Sensing or Intuition), decision-making (Thinking or Feeling), and structure (Judging or Perceiving).
Your personality type is indicated by a code with just four letters, but it gives you a whole new insight into what kind of a person you really are!
You can take the MBTI personality test here. And if this result is not conclusive or satisfactory, then consult this page.
Once you get your result, find out which fictional character you're most like! :D
1) ENFP (The Inspirer): Lily Aldrin (How I Met Your Mother), Phoebe Buffay (Friends), and Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games)
Warm, enthusiastic and generally well-liked, you have a strong sense of values that you’re always in touch with. You feel the need to be in control of yourself, but never others. You are generally a happy person who likes living life to the fullest. You have the gift of the gab that allows you to grab the attention of others; however, most of you will not abuse your abilities, because that violates your value system. Never confine yourself to limits or schedules, because you’re at your happiest when you’re free!
2) ENFJ (The Giver): Marshall Eriksen (How I Met Your Mother), Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter), and Rapunzel (Tangled)You’re a people person! You have amazing people skills, you make things happen for others, and they love you for it. You enjoy your plans more than your achievements, and the vast possibilities of the future hold your attention. Thinking about the present makes you bored and restless.
You are a charming, warm and gracious creature, but remember that your own needs are just as important as the needs of others!
3) ENTJ (The Executive): President Snow (The Hunger Games), Johanna Mason (The Hunger Games), and Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
You are a leader. You live in a world full of possibilities, and you want to be the one to challenge them. You are career-focussed and dislike errors. You have no patience for the inefficient, so it tends to make you look overbearing and judgemental. Nothing satisfies you more than engaging in a challenging, lively conversation – and winning it! Stay balanced in your life and don’t forget to have fun, and you can accomplish everything you want to!
4) ENTP (The Visionary): Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother), Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl), Howard Wolowitz (The Big Bang Theory) - I sense a pattern here - Amy Farrah Fowler (The Big Bang Theory), and Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Understanding the world you live in is your key concern. Rather than concentrating on one specific plan and making decisions, you prefer opening up your mind to the impossible, generating new ideas and innovations. Because of this, you rarely finish what you start.
You often tend to neglect the human element of life – that may make you look harsh, unforgiving and aggressive. Don’t forget to think about people’s feelings, and yours, too!
5) ESFJ (The Caregiver): Monica Geller (Friends), Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl), Alison Dilaurentis (Pretty Little Liars), Bernadette Rostenkowski (The Big Bang Theory), and Cady Heron (Mean Girls)
You love people, and have a strong desire to be liked and in control. Because of this, you make others feel special, and they love you for it. You take duties and responsibilities very seriously, so it’s no surprise that you’re often the one who finishes these tasks, having fun in the process, too. You enjoy creating order and structure in your environment, and prefer doing things the conventional way rather than experimenting. Seek stability and engage yourself with people, because that is when you feel secure with yourself!
6) ESFP (The Performer): Ron Weasley (Harry Potter), Joey Tribbiani (Friends), Rachel Green (Friends), Serena Van der Woodsen (Gossip Girl), Hanna Marin (Pretty Little Liars), Penny (The Big Bang Theory), and Finnick Odair (The Hunger Games)
You love drama and excitement in your life, and have very strong inter-personal skills. You love people, and people love you!
But negative possibilities do not go down with you very well, and once you’re angry, you make strong judgments against others.
Rather than theory, you prefer doing work hands-on. You may not be the best at school for this very reason, but you work well when you’re learning by doing.
Living in the moment might seem stress-free and fun, but try to expand your mind to what lies ahead, because that’s important, too!
7) ESTP (The Doer): Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter), Lady Mary (Downton Abbey), Tony Stark (The Avengers), and Flynn Rider (Tangled)
Risk-taking does not worry you; in fact, you love action. Rules are simply guidelines to you. If something needs to be done, you do it, whether it’s bound by laws or not. You don’t plan things first – you do them, making things up as you work. Theory troubles you, which is why you might not do very well in school, even though you have a brilliant mind. You have a flair for stirring up excitement in others and motivating them in the process.Recognize your true talents and work on them, and you’ll be unstoppable!
8) ESTJ (The Guardian): Spencer Hastings (Pretty Little Liars), Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory), Regina George (Mean Girls), and Captain America (The Avengers)
You live in a world of rigid facts and needs. You always need things to be systematic, and you abide by your rules and beliefs. Those who disagree with you have no place in your world, and you let them know this, too, because you’re straightforward and honest.
You try your best at everything you do, but you may tend to disregard the goals and desires of others. Once you realise how important these concerns are, too, you’ll find that solving people’s problems can actually help you bring clarity to your own life!
9) INFJ (The Protector): Ted Mosby (How I Met Your Mother), Remus Lupin (Harry Potter), Dan Humphrey (Gossip Girl), and Loki (The Avengers)
You are complex and enjoy pondering over the vastness of life. You are usually spontaneous, trusting your instincts, and you are usually right. You tend to ignore other people’s opinions in such cases. Conflict does not go well with you. You try not to hurt the people closest to you, but when a problem arises, your usual peaceful demeanour vanishes, to be replaced with fits of agitation or anger.
Understand that problems are a part of life, and don’t beat yourself up about it. Remember that loving yourself is essential; it is the best way to grow.
10) INFP (The Idealist): Harry Potter (Harry Potter), Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter), Chandler Bing (Friends), Rajesh Koothrapalli (The Big Bang Theory), and The Hulk (The Avengers)
You seek the meaning of life, so that you can make the world a better place for those around you. You are a good listener, and are highly intuitive about others. This makes you a great friend. You would rather avoid conflict than confront it, but if you have to, you think from your heart instead of your head. You may be unable to express yourself verbally, but you can express every emotion on paper, often making you a talented writer.
Give yourself credit for your achievements, and stay away from stress – it brings out your worst side!
11) INTJ (The Scientist): Lord Voldemort (Harry Potter), Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter), Ross Geller (Friends), Gale Hawthorne (The Hunger Games), and Professor X (X-Men)
You value intelligence and knowledge, and have set high standards for yourself and others around you. Though you are naturally a leader, you would prefer to be in the background than the centre of attention, unless you feel there is no one else competent enough, at which point you will take over the reins yourself. You are affectionate and caring, but you do not express it, nor do you praise people as much as others do. You are very difficult to please.
You are highly skilled and can reach great heights, but do not forget that people skills are important and may help you avoid misunderstandings!
12) INTP (The Thinker): Aria Montgomery (Pretty Little Liars), Matthew Crawley (Downton Abbey), Janis Ian (Mean Girls), and Batman (Batman)
You are theoretical and highly logical, and you love experimenting to find new solutions and ideas. You do not like to lead or control people, and it is difficult for you to comfort others because your emotions may not be as developed.
Express your ideas in a way that others can understand, because the idea will be of no use to anybody if only you can understand it.
13) ISTP (The Mechanic): Robin Scherbatsky (How I Met Your Mother), Tris Prior (Divergent), Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games), Wolverine (X-Men)
You feel the need to understand how things are done. Adventurous at heart, you are usually fearless and love action. You never show partiality – feelings never cloud your judgement. You like spending at least some time by yourself, so that you can clear your head in peace.
You are usually patient, but because you are somewhat out of touch with your feelings, you may experience outbursts of anger or frustration.
Get to know yourself better and understand that emotions do not make you weak, they make you stronger.
14) ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller): Severus Snape (Harry Potter), Hermione Granger (Harry Potter), and Leonard Hofstadter (The Big Bang Theory)
You are a good citizen, and you like to abide by rules, though you will break laws if it is essential to you or your loved ones. You will put your hundred percent into doing work that is important to you, and you wish to be accountable for your actions. Expressing affection is not very easy for you, and you tend to be more critical than others.Under stress, it is difficult for you to see the brighter side of things. Negativity takes over, and you may lose your sense of responsibility. Try to be more positive, or avoid stressful situations if you can.
15) ISFJ (The Nurturer): Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter), Nate Archibald (Gossip Girl), Emily Fields (Pretty Little Liars), Four/Tobias Eaton (Divergent), and Superman (Superman)
You are kind-hearted and wish to believe the best of others. You tend to have an exceptional memory, and will remember expressions and conversations in shocking detail if they made an impression on you. You deal with feelings better than any other type.
Working without positive feedback is difficult for you. Without any motivation, you tend to become depressed, often putting yourself down and thinking that you’re worthless. Understanding your own strengths and weaknesses is essential for you!
16) ISFP (The Artist): Rubeus Hagrid (Harry Potter), Haymitch Abernathy (The Hunger Games), and Damien (Mean Girls)
You have highly developed senses, but you are reserved and it is difficult for others to get closer to you. You are likely to be an animal lover. You are a doer, not a thinker, but you have no desire to control others or be controlled by others. You are deeply emotional with those who are close to you, but you express yourself through your actions, not your words.
Because you are a perfectionist, you tend to get highly critical of yourself. Don’t take life so seriously, and judge yourself a little less harshly.
(Note: I haven't categorised the characters into their personalities all by myself. I've done some research based on popular opinions from various forums and blogs on the internet. I've described the characteristics of each type as much as I could with help from this page.)
When I took this test, I was categorised as INFJ, and I think that is fairly true, but I also identify slightly with INFP. :)
Anyway, I hope you liked this post. Tell me what your result was. Do you identify with the characters who share the same type as you?
I've tried to include as many fandoms as possible, but if you want to suggest any more, then the comment box is waiting for you! :D
If you want me to talk about any specific topic, let me know in the comments below.
See ya, folks!