Saturday, 14 December 2013

3 Ways to Deal with Anger!

Hello, dear friends!
Do you have a short temper? Do you find yourself wanting to punch people who annoy you?


Do you want to learn how to calm down?
Well, then you're on the right blog!

I, too, have anger management issues. I can go from extremely euphoric to incredibly furious in just a matter of seconds, and I don't even know how!


What I do know, though, is that being angry all the time isn't good for you or the people around you. Here's what you (and I!) can do to keep calm and cool down.

1) Recall Good Memories:
Yes, that person might have annoyed you today, but didn't you two have a great time last week? You can't glaze over the good memories because of one argument. Forgive them for what they said; you know you'll regret it otherwise.
But what if you have never had a good time with this person? Well, then...

2) Stop Reacting:
Okay, I know, this is tricky. But it's true - most people just want to get a reaction out of you, and by being angry, you're entertaining them, not punishing them! The next time somebody tries to drive you over the edge, just get out of the car!
Smile back at them, even if it's a fake, tight-lipped smile. If you can't manage that (I know I can't), then ignore them. Silence often has a better effect than saying '@$#*!', really.



3) Respect Their Opinion:
No two people can have the same opinion about everything. This person might have been brought up differently, or maybe they have a reason to feel that way about any issue. Understand that they have every right to think however they want to, and you shouldn't try to change that. Would you like it if someone tried to shove their opinions down your throat?



It's not easy to control your temper, but it isn't impossible. If you're trying, then you've already won half the battle!
But don't keep that anger within yourself, either. Find a better way to express your emotions without blowing up, whether it's writing, singing, dancing or even debating (calmly). I'm sure you (and I!) will be cool-headed and calm soon enough... hopefully.



Tell me in the comments below: how often do you get mad, and what do you do to chill out? I need all the help I can get.

Until next time, pals!

4 comments:

  1. Do agree bout the silence part..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I rant it out to my mum or my close friends. :)
    What I've learnt NOT to do is grit your teeth when you're frustrated (although that helps you lower your tone, it isn't good for your teeth or your temper). :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love ranting. It's the best! :D

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)