Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Goodbye, 2013. Hello, 2014!

Happy New Year, friends!

Wow. I can't believe today is the last day of the year. How did that happen? This year was a blur. A fast-moving, extremely enjoyable blur. I don't know about any of you, but 2013 might have been the best year of my life.



So since this year is about to end, I thought I would do a personal blog entry today. Here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to review 2013; I'm going to list all my best and worst memories of the year and find ways to make 2014 an even better year. Here goes!

My Best Memories 

1) My First Trip Abroad to London (May 2013)
Oh, this was the best month of my life! Summer vacation, London, Harry Potter studio tour, beautiful winter wear (it was really cold, though it was springtime!).
London was like a breath of fresh air. Every minute that I spent there is memorable. From the plane ride to and from home, all the tube rides at the station, and the river cruise to the food at Pret A Manger, the theatre experience (we saw Ghost: The Musical. It was awesome), and the trip to WB Studios... it's a week that I will never forget.


2) School
I was a good student in 11th grade, but I think I improved significantly in my final year of school. The subjects got more interesting and I found that a fun challenge to accept. (Well, all except Maths. That just got worse. But I'll get to that later.)

3) My Friends
I didn't exactly make more friends, but the relations I had with existing buddies only got stronger, especially after our school picnic and Ethnic Day. I found a group of bookworms who are fangirls just like me (Hello, Book-keepers!), I severed ties with some friends of the wrong sort, but most importantly, I found a best friend in my sister. :)

 

4) No More a Brace-Face! (August 2013)
After one-and-a-half years of being a metal-mouth, I was rewarded with semi-perfect teeth and a dazzling smile. Now I can eat whatever I want without worrying about anything breaking!
I miss my braces, though. My teeth look ridiculously big without them! :O

5) Geekie Chic (September, 2013):
How can I forget? 2013 is the year when I started this very blog and became the Geekie Chick. I didn't really have a reason to start a blog. I must have seen an episode of HIMYM where Barney references his blog, and I thought it would be cool to have one too.
I was going to name the blog after me, but my sister said it should be something that defines my personality. So first I tried all possible combinations with the word 'geeky', but they were all taken. So I chose 'geekie', because that's what I am at heart!
Then I decided on 'chic', because though I'm nerdy, I am also stylish and (I hope) elegant. And that is how the name 'Geekie Chic' was born.

My Worst Memories

1) I Failed a Test (December 2013)


Yes, this was the first time I actually failed a subject in all my years of schooling. And yes, the subject in question was Maths. It was difficult to overcome this failure, but my friends and family helped me through it. I still don't like Maths, of course, but I hope 2014 brings me more success in that area.

All in all, 2013 was a fantastic year, full of smiles and pizza and french fries and books. 2014 will bring quite a few new experiences, because I'll be in college. I wonder how things will change then!



 So here's wishing you a belated Merry Christmas (because I completely forgot to do a post about Christmas. Sorry, Santa!) and a Happy New Year. Let's hope that you and I find happiness in all the positive experiences and strength to learn from the negative ones.

Tell me in the comments below: what memories of 2013 have touched your life the most? What are you expecting the New Year to bring?



I'll see you all next time, next year. Bye-bye! :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! :D May 2014 bring lots of luck, happiness and success!

    xx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you. :)
      I can't wait to see what the New Year has in store for me!

      Delete
  2. I personally liked 2012 better than 2013, so I think I'm just glad it's over. :P
    But, I loved it for the amazing times we've had together, fangirl! ^_^
    I started this year at Singapore with family and pasta and ended it with them with a board game of Carrom. :D I began 2014 with joy and a confession. ;) But I'm really looking forward to this year, too. I'm more positive about 2014 than I was about 2013. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was miserable when 2012 ended. I had no hopes for the new year, but it exceeded my expectations. :)
      I just know this year's gonna be awesome! :D

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)