Sunday, 22 December 2013

I Love Fangirling + All My Fandoms

Hello, internet!

It's been a while since I've blogged, but now that Christmas break has officially started, I'm back! :D

Today I thought I'd write about a topic that's very close to my heart. It's something that will always be a part of me. And that is fangirling.

If you don't know what fangirling is, this should make things clearer to you:



I wasn't always a fangirl, you know. Even as a kid I was a bookworm, but I never reread books and I never spent hours thinking about them. I loved; I didn't obsess.
I'm not sure when things changed. I think it happened last year, when I read the Harry Potter series again after about four years. I had a lot of burning questions about the series, so I went on the internet and found a few fan pages.

The rest, as they say, is history.
Before I knew it, I'd read The Hunger Games trilogy again, and then I was desperate for more word-action. Next came a ton of romance novels, followed by Divergent, followed by a movie marathon of all things Potter and Peeta.

A lot of my friends don't understand my obsession. Most of them hardly even like books, but the ones who do aren't as attached to fictional characters as I am.
They say:



They don't understand why I would want to read a book again and again, or why my perfect man is a mix of various fictional characters. Also, they don't know what 'shipping' or 'One True Pair (OTP)' is!!

That's why I love the internet. It's a haven for us fangirls. Not only can we talk about upcoming novels or movies, we can do it while looking at pictures of fictional characters. What could be better?

The main reason why I check my Facebook news feed every day is to catch up on fandom news and to obsess over new things. It may sound weird to you, but it is also awesome!
 
So here are the fandoms I'm a part of! The list includes not just books, but TV shows or movies as well. :)

1) Harry Potter:


Favourite quote:
Dumbledore: 'After all this time?'
Snape: 'Always.'
Favourite character: Hermione Granger
OTP: Ron/Hermione (Romione)
Favourite book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Fictional boy of my dreams: Neville Longbottom, Ron Weasley
Obsession quotient: 10/10

2) The Hunger Games:

Favourite quote:
Peeta: “Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”
Favourite character: Peeta Mellark
OTP: Peeta/Katniss (Everlark)
Favourite book: Catching Fire
Fictional boy of my dreams: Peeta Mellark
Obsession quotient: 10/10

3) Mean Girls  

Favourite quote: All of them!
Favourite character: Janis Ian
OTP: None, actually!
Favourite scene: The Spring Fling Dance, the Ending
Fictional boy of my dreams: Nobody.
Obsession quotient: 9/10

4) How I Met Your Mother


Favourite quote:
Barney: "It's gonna be legen... wait for it... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY! Legendary!"
Favourite character: Barney Stinson, The Mother
OTP: Marshall/Lilly
Favourite season: Season 2
Fictional boy of my dreams: Marshall Eriksen
Obsession quotient: 7/10

5) F.R.I.E.N.D.S


Favourite quote:
Monica: "Chandler, for so long I wondered if I would ever find my prince, my soul mate. Then three years ago, at another wedding, I turned to a friend for comfort. And instead, I found everything that I'd ever been looking for my whole life. And now here we are with our future before us and I only want to spend it with you, my prince, my soulmate, my friend."
Favourite character: Chandler Bing
OTP: Chandler/Monica
Favourite season: Season 5
Fictional boy of my dreams: Chandler Bing
Obsession quotient: 9/10

6) Pretty Little Liars

Favourite quote:
Caleb: "Stealing a blind person's phone. That's sick! What do you do for fun on the weekends? Break old ladies' hips?"
Favourite character: Hanna Marin
OTP: Spencer/Toby
Favourite season: Season 2
Fictional boy of my dreams: Ezra Fitz, Wren
Obsession quotient: 6/10

7) Divergent


Favourite quote: 
Tobias: “When her body first hit the net, all I registered was a gray blur. I pulled her across it and her hand was small, but warm, and then she stood before me, short and thin and plain and in all ways unremarkable- except that she had jumped first. The stiff had jumped first.
Even I didn't jump first.
Her eyes were so stern, so insistent.
Beautiful.”
Favourite character: Christina
OTP: Tris/Tobias
Favourite book: Divergent
Fictional boy of my dreams: Meh, none!
Obsession quotient: 5/10

And there you have it. I'm a fangirl, and proud of it!

Let me know in the comments below: which fandoms are you a part of? You are a fangirl (or fanboy), aren't you?
Also, if you had to pick a fictional character to spend the rest of your life with (character, not actor), who would you choose? I'd choose Peeta Mellark, definitely. :D

This holiday season, I'm going to read a few good books and spend my Christmas and New Year's Eve crying over the deaths of all my favourite characters.
Oh, wait. I do that everyday.



See you next time, readers! :D

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh I have so much in common with you!! :3 Did you know that they are making Divergent a film!!?!?!? Yaaayy! I also love Pretty Little Liars, but I think Season one was the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the movie to come out!!! Although they did cut Uriah from the first one...
      Still, I can't wait. I've already seen the trailer too many times. XD

      Season 1 was great, too, but Season 2 gave us a lot of answers. I think things went downhill Season 3 onwards... :\

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)