Tuesday, 3 December 2013

My 3 Favourite Role Models!

Hey, everyone!



What is a role model? It's not someone who's perfect, or the smartest, or the best-looking, or even the most successful. A role model is someone you look up to, someone who teaches you things that you really need to learn. You can't expect everyone to have the same role model. The people I look up to might be the celebrities you hate, and your idols could be people I don't really care about.

I don't think you can choose role models; someone just becomes your role model when you hear something about them that motivates or inspires you.

Here are three of my role models. Well, I know that I have many, many more of them, but these are three women that are quite different in the way they think and live life. And yet they've taught me innumerable lessons.

1) Hermione Granger:

 

Yes, I know she's fictional. But there's so much she has taught me all through my childhood, and even today!
I could always relate to her a little bit... I'm the sort of girl who would rather read a book during a school trip than do anything else - and so would she! Both of us have been made fun of for being nerds, but we've taken it in our stride. Geekie, and proud of it!

Hermione is intelligent, logical and brave, but at the same time she's also loving and selfless. Of course, she has her flaws - everybody does - but what I've learnt from her is that even in the midst of hardships, you have to go on fighting for what you want. No matter how difficult it is, you have to think with a clear head and find a solution.

2) Miley Cyrus:



I had a very different opinion of Miley as a kid, back when she was Hannah Montana. Well, she annoyed me! Even though I loved all things Disney, something about her character seemed so... fake.

But now, Miley's my homegurrrl. She's awesome, and she knows it. Sure, people have been saying a lot of things about her lately - I'm sure you know what - but that hasn't changed the fact that she's finally being true to herself. She's not a glittery Disney princess anymore. She's Miley.
Even with all this Miley-hate on the internet, she's the most-talked about singer lately. And why shouldn't she be? Her songs are amazing, and what a great singer she is!
There are so many things Miley has taught me. People are going to say all kinds of things about you, things that will make you want to shut yourself in a room and never face anyone ever again. But you can't stop doing what you love just because some people don't like it. If it makes you happy, do it!
You have to embrace your quirks and use them to your advantage. You have to stop caring what people think, because only then will you be able to do your best!

3) Jennifer Lawrence:



Ah, JLaw. She's really different from the other two women I've mentioned above. She's clumsy, goofy and is always laughing at herself, so unlike Hermione. And, well, everybody loves JLaw, so she isn't like Miley.
But what I love about JLaw, apart from everything, is the fact that she went from virtually unknown to the best actress in Hollywood in just a matter of years!
She is what she made herself to be. With hard work, a smile on her face, and (most importantly) humility, she's at the top of the ladder.
She teaches me to be humble, to love myself for who I am, and to do my best, always.

So, these are my three role models: Hermione, Miley, and JLaw. They might not be perfect; they each have their own flaws, but I love them for all that they've taught me and for everything they're going to teach me in the years to come. :)

Let me know in the comments below: who are your role models, and what have they taught you?

I'll see you next time. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)