Monday, 23 December 2013

What's in My Vellvette Bag! (December 2013)

Hey, everyone!

Santa has visited the Hegde household a day early, it seems, because I just received two Vellvette bags in the mail! :D

Bag #1

Bag #2

Yes, two!! I subscribed for my own bag last month (earlier I had been reviewing just my sister's bag), so this time I'm going to tell you what's in both our bags!



The name of the bag has changed, though, because Vellvette has now become the Fab Bag. And it is indeed fabulous!

The bag is black this time with colourful stars on it. Pretty cute, I'd say.
 Here are the contents of both the bags (4 products in each):

1) Iraya Nourishing Lotus Body Butter (Bag #1, 35 g)
  
My supply of body butter is fast depleting, so I'm glad I received this in my bag, although it's a very tiny sample. 
This body butter is perfect for the winter season, and it claims to keep your skin hydrated all day long. It also says it prevents premature aging, so I guess that's an added bonus! 
 It's supposed to smell like a lotus but I don't really think so. The scent isn't very floral and doesn't seem long-lasting. Still, I'll give it a try.

This product, I like. 

2) Kama Ayurveda Lavender Patchouli Hair Conditioner (Bag #1, 50 ml)

My hair isn't exactly my best feature, so this revitalising conditioner is always welcome. Again, this product is not full-size. 
This conditioner containes no parabens or sulphates, the scent is quite pleasant, and it contains some essential oils that my hair clearly needs. 

This product, I love!


3)  La Splash Nail Polish  (Glitter Pink, Bag #1, Glitter Blue, Bag #2; both 10 ml) 


I barely use nail polish to begin with, let alone glitter polish. The blue shade seems too glittery, but the pink one is alright. At least they're both full-sized, but I don't know if I'm even going to use these shades.
This nail paint claims to be quick drying and long-lasting. La Splash is a good company, I guess, because I received their mascara last month and I quite liked it.

These products, I'm neutral about. 


4) Anna Andre Acetone free Nail Enamel Remover (Bags #1 and #2, 30 ml)



Ah, how I love full-sized products! A nail polish remover is always useful, especially when it comes with Vitamin E, so I'm happy that I got this product in both bags. It promises squeaky-clean nails with no trace of that wretched white cast. 
If I don't like the glitter nail polish, I'll try this nail paint remover and see the results. :P 

These products, I love!


5) MUA Lip Boom (Shade Ok.com, Bag #2; Full size)


 

My sister and I had been longing for this lipstick + gloss combo ever since subscribers received it in their bags a few months ago. And finally, Vellvette has granted our wish!
You can use this lip combo in four different ways based on the kind of result you want. :)
I really like this shade. It's a pinkish nude colour that really complements my skin tone. The lipstick and lip gloss both smell like sweet candy. Perfection, in other words.
This product, I LOVE!!!

6) Rusk W8less Strong Hold Shaping and Control Hairspray (Bag #2, 23 g) 


 
I've never used hairspray in my life. I'm serious. :|
I actually don't use any hot tools by myself, so I've never needed any such product. This product claims to provide texture, shine and long-lasting support to keep hairstyles in place for a long time after using a blowdryer. 
So I don't have any use for this product right now... well, maybe I could use it for my Graduation day!

This product, I'm neutral about. 

Bag #1 is more useful to me than #2, but the second one has the MUA Lip Boom... so I guess I like them both equally!
The value of  Bag #1 is Rs. 893 and the value of Bag #2 is Rs. 1,749 (the Lip Boom is quite expensive!).


Thanks for the Merriest of Christmases, Vellvette! :D

If you received your Vellvette/Fab Bag, tell me what products you got. I'd love to know! :)

Check out my previous Vellvette posts here:
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013

See you next time, guys!

20 comments:

  1. wow.. looks like u r the first one to receive it or first one to review it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first to review it, I guess! :)

      Delete
  2. I recieved mine today


    not really happy with the bag


    http://makeupbeautyandtalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? I'm going to check out your review now.

      Delete
    2. Same here ...i m not happy ...this time all the prouducts are not useful.

      Delete
    3. i received mine and not happy at all. glitter nail polish i never use.i got toner which i got in my last month bag. they should have checked what they had dispatched previous month to avoid repetition. i would prefer mascara, body butter etc.

      Delete
  3. Hi Swati, I have received the Fab Bag today. Products are:

    1) Sparkling Gold La Splash Nail Splash... nothing unusual to my huge collections of nail paints but I can't get of enough of different Nail Paints shades so I am happy.
    2) Brocato Actives Restorative Hair Infusion Serum... another product I am excited to try.
    3) Kama Ayurveda Lavender Patchouli Body Moisturizer..... must have during these winters.
    4) Acetone- Free Nail Enamel Remover (Gosh!- I wish I could have received a Lipstick or Lip Gloss instead of this and I would have been out of the world).....

    That's it. Wished to share a pic but there is no option out her I guess.

    I was hoping to get a Lipstick or Lip Gloss as I am a huge Lipstick Fan.... but I will wait again until next time.

    Nevertheless, It's an excellent Christmas gift for myself. I am loving it.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some good products! :D
      I received the Brocato serum a few months ago. It's really good.
      I was desperately waiting for a lip product from Vellvette, and thank goodness I finally got one!

      Anyway, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, too! :)

      Delete
  4. You received two bags? That is great! :-D
    I received mine today too
    Here is my review :
    http://aishwaryakaushal.wordpress.com/2013/12/23/whats-in-my-december-2013-fab-vellvette-bag/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Now there are two subscriptions in our family. :D
      Reading your review now. :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Swati
    Am new to your blog n really like the way you write specially the friends n HP animated video embedded in the post.

    I also received my fabbag bag yesterday. The contents of my bag are :

    Iraya body butter which I like-its really hydrating

    Brocato hair serum-never used bt heard a lot about it so m happy about its inclusion

    Lasplash glitter nail paint ...its dark brown goldenish shade .Not sure how its going to look. I wish they had send me some pretty glitter shade

    N finally Anna Andre acetone which is really disappointing as bonus product. I was hoping that being Christmas they will send some high luxury item.Anyway its an average bag for me. Nov one was far more exciting since they send me this gorgeous earthy shade beauty uk eye shadow palette



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Shrishti! I'm glad you like my blog. :)

      I'm yet to try the body butter, but the brocato hair serum is really good!
      This wasn't my best bag, either, but at least the products are mostly useful, so I'm happy.
      I received the UK eyeshadow nude palette a few months ago, too! The staying power is amazing, and I can wear it to school because the pigmentation isn't too dark.

      Delete
  6. Hi Swati, My friend and I compared our bags and I got the body butter, nail polish remover, acetone and I love... shower gel. But my friend got the lip gloss in hot pink and the hair serum and I am so J! Mine is so so. Nothing exciting but she (and me too) love hers! The nail paint is awesome. I would suggest trying it out. We both already have! :) Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try out the nail polish then... might as well glam up for the holidays!
      Merry Christmas to you, too! :)

      Delete
  7. Hey! Liked your review! I just subscribed to the bag...and I was just wondering how the selection of the items works. For eg, I hate neons and super bright colors and being extremely cool toned all brown makeup looks terrible on me. I have very straight oily hair, so conditioners are a waste as well....I checked all the right things in the questionnaire, do you know if they actually send you stuff based on what u selected or is it completely random?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's based on the questionnaire. I like light/nude shades of makeup and I've never been sent anything bright before!
      I don't usually get hair products, but they get it right most of the time. So don't worry. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Swati,
    I subscribed to the bag on chance for one month. It was very good in the 1st month and so i went ahead and subscribed for 3 months. However last month was disappointing and so is December bag! I really wonder if they actually select and send products based on those questionnaire. I dont have dry skin at all and still I got the Iraya body butter which is for dry skin in my dec bag. Also I have very soft and silky hair but not much volume so conditioners/conditioning serums make it look all the more thin and clingy. I wanted something which will make my hair look voluminous but still I was sent a Brocato hair serum! And I made it quite clear in the questionnaire that I like nude colours and not bright but last month I got a very bright pink lipcrayon. It looks really dirty for my complexion!

    All these mix-ups have made me decide not to subscribe for the next one. Next month is my last month of subscription, hopefully it turns out to be better than the last 2!

    By the way nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn... I guess they only have a small pool of products for each month, so the questionnaire doesn't always work out. :(
      Next month will be better, I'm sure. Glad you liked my blog! :)

      Delete
  9. The lip boom is for 2 pounds. I just ordered from the MUA website and since shipping was free for all orders placed on that day, I could buy 13 products all for 2000 bucks. Order directly from MUA, they have great products and are very affordable. All prices quoted in India by any brand include the Rs 750 shipping charges which Indian brands add on each product, which is absolutely bullshit! Great blog though...loved reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate shipping charges!!
      Anway, thanks for the tips. Glad you liked reading my post! :)

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)