Monday, 6 January 2014

My 5 Favourite Movies!

How's it hanging, guys?

My exams are going on right now, because I have them every month for some unknown reason, so I like to unwind by watching some of my favourite movies.

A word of caution: most of the films on this list may be classified as chick flicks, but if as a guy, chick flicks are your guilty pleasure, then read on!
(I haven't included fandom movies like Harry Potter, The Hunger Games or The Amazing Spider-Man, simply because that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the movie universe!)

1) Easy A


Starring my homegurrrl, Emma Stone, this movie is probably the greatest chick flick of all time!
Easy A is the story of Olive Penderghast, your average high school girl, who becomes the centre of attention for all the wrong reasons and finds herself caught in a web of lies.
Hilarious, adorable and only a little cheesy, this movie is a must-watch for every human being, at least in my opinion.


2) Little Manhattan


This is the story of an eleven-year-old boy and his first love. Sounds good, huh?
Here's the cherry on top of this cake: the kid in question is played by none other than Josh Hutcherson (Peeta Mellark from THG)!!!
This movie, for men and women of all ages, has the cutest dialogues and some really good music.
Little Manhattan will remind you of your first love and all the amazing memories associated with it, and leave you with a silly smile on your face. :)
 


3) Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na! (Know it Or Not)


It's the story of two best friends playing cupid for each other, only to realise that sometimes, friendship can be the purest form of love. :)
Oh, how I love this movie! It's definitely the first thing that I think of watching when I'm upset, and it never fails to cheer me up. Throw in some youthful AR Rahman music, the super-cute Imran Khan (before he got old and boring), and the greatest gang of friends since, well, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, and what more could you want?


4) Kal Ho Naa Ho (Tomorrow May Never Come)


In this movie, the life of grumpy Naina changes with the arrival of her new neighbour, Aman, who teaches her a new way to live.
This is such a bittersweet movie. First it makes you laugh and the next moment you're crying your heart out!
But the jokes are really funny, Shah Rukh Khan isn't as annoying as usual, Saif Ali Khan is actually kinda cute, and Preity Zinta plays a geekie chick. Absolutely amazing!
 


5) Namastey London


Oh, beautiful London! How I miss your cool breeze and warm (not to mention rare) sunshine!
Jazz, a London-born Indian, agrees to marry a man of her father's choice, but declares the unregistered marriage as fake when she returns to London and reunites with her Brit boyfriend.  Now her 'husband' must find a way to make her fall in love with him, and her country, before she makes the biggest mistake of her life.
Most of the movie is shot in London, so it's a great way for me to remember all the memories I made there. :)
Plus, Katrina Kaif and Akshay Kumar's chemistry is sizzling, and his attempts to woo her are funny yet incredibly romantic. :D



So, these are the five films that I can rewatch a billion times and still enjoy them as if it's my first time watching.

What about you? Do you have a list of movies that are guaranteed to make your day? Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time, film lovers! :)

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the 'Easy A' movie. It's amazing :) And yes, Namaste London and Kal Ho Na Ho too. I guess I would also add movies like 27 dresses, The Ugly Truth (Yes, I'm a Katherine Heigl fan) and Bride Wars to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they were really great chick flicks! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha, yeah!
      All Aamir movies, actually. (Except Dhoom 3. That kinda sucked.) :P

      Delete
  3. There is this one movie -Little Rascals . Its about small kids involved in all kind of mischievous things. It's very cute . Then there is Andaz Apna Apna, Hera Pheri, Chameli ki Shadi-great comedy flicks. In chick flicks-Devil wears Prada and Bandidas is my all time favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andaz Apna Apna is such a classic! :D

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)