Sunday, 26 January 2014

'What If...' Random Situations and How I'd Deal with Them!


Hello!

I haven't done a blog post for about a week now, and I was on the internet looking for ideas. I came across a 'random topic generator' that didn't really help me, because it was... well, too random.
Then I found another link on this website which offered 'random scenarios', of which some were really funny, or complex, or just downright weird.

So, today I'm going to list out some of the random scenarios that came up on my screen, and write down my response or reaction to each one of them. Here goes!

1) You've been ordered to kill someone you've fallen in love with. How did you get into this situation and what will you do next? 

Well, I'm off to a good start in this fictional world.
I'm naturally a very nosy person, so I must have shoved my way into somebody else's business and gotten into trouble. Maybe I was trying to solve a murder mysery or maybe I was a spy and I found out that the enemy was actually the person I loved.
Obviously, my first option would be to get out of this situation without killing anybody. But if that wouldn't work...
If this person was my one true love, I'd just shoot myself in the head instead. I couldn't murder my Marshall!


But if it was just some random guy... well, I don't know what I'd do. I wouldn't want him to die, but I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice myself, either.

2) You are going to be invisible for the next three hours. How would you make the most of this time? 
 
Invisible for the next three hours? I would try to be a superhero and save my fellow citizens. But then again, I'd be invisible, not super-strong. So I would search for criminals in my neighbourhood and call the police.

 

Or, if I was feeling particularly lazy, I would just walk around in my apartment and snoop on my neighbours. Hey, don't judge me; you know you would do the same!

3) How would you go about selling class-A drugs?

I wouldn't. Drugs are not healthy, people! If you or your loved ones are in danger of addiction, please seek help immediately. There are other ways to earn money and be happy.


4) Where would you like to go when you die? Describe your perfect afterlife. 
  
I open my eyes. At first the light is too bright, and I can't see where I am, but once I blink a few times, I realise that I am sprawled on the ground in front of a huge castle. It looks familiar, somehow...
"Are you alright?" a voice calls out. I turn in its direction to find a boy smiling at me. He is of average height, with wavy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. In his hand he holds a loaf of bread. "Would you like some bread?" he asks me.
"Where am I?" I ask, once he helps me to my feet. 
"Hogwarts," he replies. "It will always be there to welcome you home, remember?"
I take in my surroundings. A vast lake is to my right. Shady trees and a cool breeze. Children, men and women sit in the shade of the trees and laugh. There are people drinking coffee and talking animatedly, some tattooed kids wearing only black, others making objects fly with thin wooden sticks. 
I turn to the boy and accept the bread that he offers me. 
"Why are all these people here?" I ask him. "Why are you here?"
"This is where all worlds collide. Straight down the road, you'll find Camp Half-Blood. Take a right, and you reach Panem. Farther than that, you'll find 221 B Baker Street."
"Am I dreaming?"
"No," he replies, grinning. "You're one of us now. Welcome to the fictional world, Swati."
"The... the fictional world? So that's really Hermione Granger over there, doing her homework? And that's Chandler Bing, joking around with his Friends? And... is that Barney Stinson hitting on Penny?"
The boy nods. Then he adds, "Try the bread, won't you?"
"The bread... so that must mean you're..."
"I'm Peeta Mellark," he replies. "A pleasure to meet you."



5) You have found an animal that looks like no other on earth. What do you do with it? 

Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all! :)
Okay, Pokeballs haven't been invented yet, so I would cautiously approach the animal (Pokemon) and befriend it, if possible. If it showed any signs of having fire/water/electric powers, I would search around its habitat to find more of its kind. Then I would gather enough proof and write a ground-breaking scientific thesis about the marvels of Pokemon and their abilities.
Then I would become a Pokemon trainer/champion/professor, be known as the 'Mother of all Pokemon' and live happily ever!
But if it turned out to be just an animal, I would contact scientists and let them know about the discovery of a new species. I'd still get some recognition... hopefully.


Well, that was fun! I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. Do try out this scenario generator and let me know what you would do in each situation!
Also, this website is great for anyone suffering from writer's block. There are many other generators, so I am definitely going to spend my free time clicking on that 'Generate' button!

Thanks for reading this post. See you next time! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha xD Number 4! Marvellous... Or should I say, Mellarkably brilliant? ;) Nice one after a LONG wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, could that afterlife BE any more Mellarkable? :D

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)