Tuesday, 25 February 2014

What's in My Fab Bag! (February 2014)


Well, this month's Fab Bag is here. And just like last month, I'm disappointed. 


The bag is red with checkered black prints. Nothing too special. This time I received three products + one V-day bonus + one free sample.

Here's what I got.

1) Tommy G Dual Lipstick (Fuchsia, #12): 
 
This product claims to be the deepest pigmented, longest lasting product I've ever tried. And it's true. I can't get it off my lips!!
That would be a good thing, except for the fact that the colour is repugnant. In my questionnaire I clearly stated my preference for natural pink lip colours. As for this colour.... well, at least Joker approves.


A dual lipstick, the shade is too much but the gloss is too little. It's also extremely drying.
Maybe I can use it as a nail polish. The only question is if I'll ever be able to get it off.....
The lipstick applicator is bent and the tube leaks a little. So it's not just about the colour; the product is faulty as well!

This product, I dislike. 

2) Vivel Cell Renew Fortify + Repair Kit:


Firstly, it's Vivel. I can buy this from the street. Secondly, I already have free samples from magazines lying around my house, unused. And thirdly, all three products expire in the next 2-4 months!
The kit consists of a moisturiser, a body lotion and a hand cream. I doubt I'll make any use of this product. It's not worth messing up my beauty/skincare regime just to use the kit before its expiration.


This product, meh. 

(Now let's move on to the smallest products in the world!)

3) Thalgo Smoothing Brightening Fluid (2 ml):


I know Thalgo is a very reputed brand, and I'm sure its products are more than satisfactory. But a sample this small just isn't enough to judge the effects!
Although I'm sure this fluid could dramatically enhance the radiance of my skin, sadly there won't be enough for a second application!

This product... too tiny to judge. 

4) Nails Inc. Nail Lacquer (4 ml):


I've never heard of this company. It definitely isn't a luxury brand! I can't find the name of this shade anywhere on the bottle. It's a metallic gold colour that looks good on metal, yes, but not on my nails. That being said, the application is quite easy even with my shaky fingers.
However, I don't see myself using this product at all.

This product, meh. 

I'm not going to say anything about the V-Day bonus, a Cookie Man cookie, because I haven't even opened the packet yet. I'm not a fan of Cookie Man.
Other subscribers got full-size products or medium sized samples. I wish I'd received the Organic Surge shampoo for dry hair, but instead I get four products out of which I will only use one. And even that product will be used up with one application.

My subscription ends in April. Unless the next two months prove to be different, I won't be renewing my subscription.
So Vellvette, thanks for not reading my questionnaire at all.


Are the rest of you satisfied with this month's bag? Sound off in the comments below. See you later, beauty Geeks! :)

30 comments:

  1. I agree Vivel is not luxury and Thalgo is small but

    Nails Inc is a luxury nailpoliosh brand like O.P.I sold in Sephora, that itself costs rs 600.

    and the Lippie also costs around 900 rs but sadly they never ever send according to questionaire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, cost and worth are two different things. Those things aren't useful at all!

      Delete
    2. Even I didnot like the lip color I got, its light coral...If I wear that I surely will look like a joker...its already gone to the dustbin...

      other I got cetaphil lotion and moisturiser, which might be good. But I am not too keen on changing my skin care routine.

      The only good thing I got I guess is the Organic Surge Conditioner volume boost.

      Delete
    3. Ah, Organic Surge! I've been wishing for that product for months now. :(

      Delete
    4. but you said it sure is not a luxury brand, that's why I said Nail inc is an UK luxury nail polish brand.

      Delete
    5. Yes, I know. :)
      But they still aren't useful to me, that's what I meant.

      Delete
  2. Awww. I read your comment on my blog, but unfortunately it has disappeared now for some reason. :(
    I really like the Nail Inc nail paint that you recvd, and I recvd a different tommy g dual lipstick. I hope you recv better product which don't disappoint you next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does your Tommy G shade look nice, or is it as scary as mine? :P

      Delete
  3. so i got the bright fuchsia pink lipgloss duo and it looks so good on me. i think it just depends on a persons skin tone and yes it is ridiculously bright n not many people like to wear bold colours. and guys everyone who got cetaphil.. trust me its brilliant. i swear by it and have been using it forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated my bag too :-| I received LIGHT CORAL shade which sucks to the core and looks like a nightmare on me. If I celebrated Halloween then I would have used it for sure! Moreover, I received a brown Kajal which doesn't even show up on my dusky complexion(Again this is mentioned in the questionnaire).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my shade is perfect for Halloween, too!
      The first few months of my subscription were amazing! I don't know what has happened to Vellvette.

      Delete
  5. I am so glad I did not subscribe this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two more months to go... after that, I certainly won't be renewing my subcription once I'm in college!

      Delete
  6. Hey Swati, Even I am highly disappointed with January and February's bag. The tommy G lip colour that i got was too loud for me and the colour is wired it just does not feel like a lip colour... you rightly said that it can rather be used as a nail paint. The spearmint body wash that I got last month had its expiration in Feb. So I had exactly 8 days to use it. I also got an organic surge shampoo and that is the only saving grace of the feb bag.

    Just to reiterate my opinion, I am highly disappointed. My subscription ends in march and i am surely not extending it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness someone else agrees with me! I was starting to worry that Fab Bag is targeting me.

      Delete
    2. Ditto... you know what ,reading all the appreciation msgs on FB and their site, made me feel that I am probably the only one expecting decent stuff in my bag, coz rest all of them seemed to be super happy !!! Then i found your review, thank god you have the guts to say the truth.

      Delete
    3. Don't worry, I'll always be here to say the truth. Let's hope March is a better month for us. The bags should be here in about 10 days. :)

      Delete
  7. sorry but your review of the bag made me laugh so bad!!
    MAYBE I CAN USE IT LIKE A NAILPOLISH..hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't be sorry. Making people laugh makes me happy. :)

      Delete
  8. I just read the review of your Fabbag. My subscription ended in Jan, 14 and from there I have not subscribed to Fabbag yet.But then I am not disappointed. They are getting worse each year. And Citaphil and Vivel are drugstore brands for which I don't think we need to subscribe to any Beauty subscription . How I wish if we had more beauty subscription services in India

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they shipped the March Fab Bags, so I should get mine by tomorrow... let's see how that goes!
      What about the Envy Box that you've subscribed to? It's pretty good, right?

      Delete
  9. Envy box is true to its description of providing super luxury brand samples. But then it's expensive and I am not a active user of high end cosmetic brands. So for a while I am using all this money to actually purchase full size cosmetics .Nykaa.com is my current favourite these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Envy Box after the reviews that I've read, but you're right... it's really expensive and I barely use cosmetics. Once I go to college, maybe I'll change my mind and subscribe. Who knows? :)

      Delete
  10. Loved reading your not-so-sugarcoated-in-your-face review. Very helpful. I hate reviews which are sooooooooooooooo sweet that makes they make u crib !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I agree; there are some reviewers who just can't criticise anything.

      Delete
    2. Appreciate your honesty , even though they might have cost you some brownie points.

      Delete
  11. OMG! FINALLY A BUNCH OF PEOPLE SPEAKING THE TRUTH!! All the comments on their site seems to be chipped in by their own team/PR.. and tommy g light coral... well not even a joker can wear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand how so many beauty bloggers on the internet just loooove Fab Bag's products. It's been two months since my subscription ended, and I haven't looked back. Unless they bring back 'I Love...', 'Victoria's Secret' or 'Bath and Body Works' products, I'm not going back to them any time soon.

      A few weeks after this February review (and a few weeks before my birthday), I was sent four or five full-sized Vivel products anonymously - body lotions and face wash. It couldn't have been a birthday present because the package was from ITC. I feel like maybe Fab Bag was trying to bribe me into giving them a good review next time, but I'm still not sure who sent it to me. Wish I knew...

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)