Friday, 21 March 2014

It's My Birthday!!!!

Because saying it once in the title of this post isn't enough, I'll say it again.



Indeed, friends. This Geekie Chick turns eighteen years old today. And my blog, coincidentally, turns fifty posts old! :)

And now that I'm eighteen, here's a list of things that I can legally do:

1) Buy alcohol in Goa (and in London! And in many other places!)
2) Get a driver's licence
3) Get a voter's ID card
4) Watch an adult film in theatres (though I probably won't)
5) Go to jail for committing a crime
6) Buy property
7) Get married (but I definitely won't, at least not for another ten years)
8) Travel to a foreign country without any adults
9) Give the DELF exam as an adult



There's a lot more I could add to the list, but I can't think of anything else right now.

The past year of my life was great, as I've already mentioned in my New Year's Eve post. But going from seventeen to eighteen is huge! I'm now officially older than Archie & the Gang and practically every young adult character there ever was, because they're always either sixteen or seventeen but never eighteen.

And even though I didn't exactly have the best 20th of March, thanks to my Maths board exam, I know that 21st March - and all the days after that - are going to be great.
So here's to new-adult life, to happiness, to college, to the future of Geekie Chic, and the future of my life.


PS: Tons of reviews coming up soon, folks! From the wonderful movie that is Queen to tons of books like Panic, Find Me, My Life After Now and Just One of the Guys - so I'll see you all soon. :)

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! <3
    I hope you had a great day, also I hope that your blog (&you, yourself) will gain a lot of success over the next year ;)
    blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I have your blog since the beginning, I really enjoy your reviews especially and hope you have a well deserved and happy birthday'Xo!

    P.S your birthday is the perfect excuse to eat loads of food and not feel bad ;)
    Rebecca,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did eat a ton of junk food, so yay!! :D
      Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)