Saturday, 19 April 2014

What's in My Fab Bag! (April 2014)

It's still mid-April, but it's already time for this month's Fab Bag review!
Well, since the last couple months have been such a disappointment, I opened the package with zero expectations. 

And I was pleasantly surprised!
This month's bag is red with a black pattern. I didn't like it too much, but my Dad decided to use it as a shaving kit bag, so all's well that ends well! 
This month's bag and products!
This time I received 3+1 items. Let's take a look!

1) Sally Hansen Pedicure in a Minute (113 g, Full Size):
Cute bottle, too!
Everybody loves Sally Hansen, and so do I. My favourite nail polish and lip gloss are from this very brand, so I'm excited to try this pedicure scrub. Enriched with vitamins and oils, it's sure to work wonders on my feet.

This product, I love! 

2) Beauty UK Blush and Brush (Isla Rose; 5 g, Full Size):
Still would have preferred the 'Rustic Peach' shade...
When I saw the pink colour of the blush, I was a little disappointed. If I'm ever wearing blush, it's usually a pale peach or nude colour. I figured I would never use this product. But I tried it, and because there's hardly any pigmentation, it looks quite nice on my skin tone. 

This product, I like! 

3) Just Herbs Glow Boosting Ritual (Lively Clean Honey Cleansing Gel, 30 ml; Instaglow Almond Complexion Pack, 20 g; Aloe Vera Facial Massage Gel, 20 g):
Tiny products, but at least I got three of 'em!
Herbal products... well, I've never really tried any. But the Honey Cleansing Gel smells great (like rose water), and the other two products, though tiny, seem promising. Next time there's a special occasion, I'll try this kit and see how it goes!

This product, I like!

4) The Nature's Co. Lavender Body Lotion (35 ml):
You again?!?!?!
Ah. My old enemy. We meet again. 
Some of you may recall that I had received this very product in a previous bag, under a different subscription... and I'd hated it. The musky smell, the liquid consistency... I'll stick to my body butter, thank you very much. Sorry, The Nature's Co., but you're not getting a second chance. 

This product, I dislike. 

Well, look at that! Fab Bag scored a three out of four this time. Good job, guys. 
And thus ends my six-month subscription. My renewal offer gives me just a 5% discount, so I won't be ordering any more bags unless next month's products are phenomenal. Hopefully they will be, because it seems like good ol' Vellvette is back on its upward spiral.

The total worth of this month's haul is about Rs. 1,756. Definitely value for money this time! :) 

Let me know which products you received this month. What do you think about the April bag? Liked it? Loved it? Hated it? Be sure to leave a comment below. 

Until next time, Beauty Geeks! :) 

10 comments:

  1. He he..this was a fun read.. enjoy your goodies.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Swati,
    I'm a huge fan of your blog, the posts are all really well-written and funny!
    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton, Anushka! So glad to know you're enjoying my blog. :)

      Delete
  3. HAhaha. I got the same products... Byt instead of lotion i got strawberry face mask. Well it waz my frst bag so waz nt expecting much....!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have three or four strawberry masks left over from previous bags. Just can't find the time to use them. :)

      Delete
  4. I look forward to ur fabbag reviews every single month. The funniest one around especially with the gif images :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so happy when people say my blog is funny! Thanks so much, RH. Love your blog, by the way! :)

      Delete
  5. Yea nice post Swati!!! Loved reading it!!! The fab bag is cute.

    www.tinselbabe.com

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)