Tuesday, 29 July 2014

50 Facts About Me!

Hello, friends!

Before I talk about today's post, I want to tell you that Geekie Chic has crossed 20,000 views! I'm so happy, and it's all thanks to my fellow Geeks. :D

A few weeks ago I posted a TMI Tag, and a lot of people seemed to enjoy reading about my personal life. Plus, it was a lot of fun talking about myself, so today I'm going to do a '50 Facts about me' Tag, which, like the former Tag, is a Youtube phenomenon that I am bringing into Blogger. So here goes!

1) I do not know how to swim or ride a bike. I don't know why I never learnt, but I hope one day I at least learn swimming. It's an important survival skill, after all. How would I win the Hunger Games otherwise?

2) I am very emotional. I get teary-eyed just watching my favourite trailers or even thinking about some of my favourite books. I can't help it. It's like a reflex action. Play any movie ending or read any book ending to me, and you'll see waterworks.


3) Somehow, I'm just not attracted to men with long hair. I'm sure they're great people to be around, but... the long hair look has never impressed me in a romantic sense.

4) I can't stand the smell of mangoes. Watching others eat mangoes makes me a little sick, although I might not admit it if I don't know you too well. But I really like eating mango fruit bars, candies or drinking mango juice. It's just the fruit that I can't stand.

5) Every day I wake up thinking, 'I'll dress up a little today, maybe use some eyeliner!' But then, halfway through my first class of the day, I'll realise that I just rolled out of bed, wore some clothes and came to college. Oh, well!

6) I absolutely hate talking on the phone. I'll almost always do anything in my power to avoid picking up calls. Unless you're my immediate family or my best friend, I'm not going to pick up so we can 'chit-chat'.
Isn't using Whatsapp or sending a text easier? There's no risk of voice distortion or external noise, so I can correctly interpret your message. Why talk on the phone and listen to voices?


7) I am extremely competitive. I hate to lose, I always have to be the best at everything and it annoys me to no end when I fail at something. This is why I almost always avoid competitions, because I know that if I lose, my ugly, rude side is going to come out.

8) No one in my family calls me 'Swati'. My parents and my sister have different nicknames for me, and they only call me by my real name if they're mad at me.
But I can't stand it when others try to give me a nickname.

9) I would love to spend the entire day in a café, even though I hate coffee, just so that I can have my privacy but still not feel completely alone. Give me my ebook collection, my earphones, a caramel drink and a tasty sandwich, and I will spend the day by myself and have more fun than I would otherwise.

10) I can't eat anything without a tissue - whether it's potato chips or an apple. I just feel so gross and weird if there isn't a tissue near me. Even a handkerchief will do in emergency situations, but a tissue is a tissue. It's a necessity for me.

11) I don't believe in God. I don't see any scientific evidence for his (or her) existence, and I don't feel any need to pray. If there's a problem, I just believe in myself and do my best. But I don't care what someone else's beliefs are, as long as they don't try to shove them down my throat.

12) I like leaving my hair open most of the time, but because of the humid weather here (and in most places), I usually end up wearing it in a braid or a ponytail.

13) I love cardio dance workouts. I can't dance just like that, but if I've got an amazing Youtube workout video in front of me, I can dance the night away, baby!


14) I hate keeping my nails long. They don't chip or break, because my nails are extremely strong (thanks for the genes, Appa!), but I find it so difficult to carry out day-to-day tasks. What if I stick my finger in my eye for contact lens purposes and end up poking myself? And holding a pen and taking down notes gets so uncomfortable. Nope, I prefer to have them cut short with maybe a coat of transparent nail polish. I use colours only for my feet.

15) If I could wish for anything in the world, I'd wish for my Hogwarts letter so I could become the next-generation Hermione (I've already got the bushy hair down!).

16) If I could have any superpower, I'd want telepathy, telekenesis and mind control. Oh, and super-human strength as a bonus. Call me skinny and I'd kick your ass! :D

17) The one movie that can always cheer me up is Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na! Romance, humour and adorableness all in one!!

18) The first thing I'd ask a stranger if I wanted to befriend them: "So do you read books?" If they say yes, I ask, "Have you read Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?"

19) I have a compulsive need to correct people's grammar, spelling and punctuation. Bad grammar just drives me crazy.
 

20) My biggest pet peeve is people who come to college or go out to restaurants wearing bathroom slippers. Ugh! At least wear non-bathroom slippers, people!
And don't even get me started on those boys who wear super-low-waist jeans. It's not flattering, boys. And it probably isn't comfortable. So why wear it like that?

21) In my spare time, I love rewatching trailers or discovering new ones. Trailers are even better than the actual movies! Hmm, I'd love to be a trailer-making person. What do they call those?

22) I find the nerdy, boyish look very appealing - think Peter Parker from TASM movies.

23) My Harry Potter house, according to Pottermore, is Hufflepuff. And though I've come to love my Puffness, I think I'd also make a good Ravenclaw.

24) I love shopping but I hate trying on clothes - it messes up my hair and the clothes barely ever fit right! So I do most of my shopping online, and surprisingly, the stuff I buy on the internet almost always fits like a glove.

25) I wish I didn't, but I judge the people who like the Fifty Shades of Grey books - Twilight, too, but I might let you off if you like some other good works of fiction. But if you're crazy about Fifty Shades of Grey? Sorry, but I don't think we're going to get along very well.


26) I can't drink milk in the morning. It makes me queasy. Soymilk, however, is good. Especially vanilla or malt soymilk - yum!

27) I don't like chocolate cake. If you want to get me a birthday cake, make sure it's  a cheesecake. Even a coffee cake will do, but chocolate.... ugh. Makes me sick just thinking about all that chocolate icing.

28) I'm scared of dogs. Puppies are adorable and cats are awesome, but if I see a dog on the street, I end up looking behind my back at least once every three seconds to make sure it's not following me.

29) McDonald's > KFC.

30) Domino's Pizza > Pizza Hut.

31) Quiznos > Subway. 

32) Thumbs Up > Coca Cola > Pepsi. 

33) It annoys me when people think the 'Chic' in my blog name is pronounced like 'chick'. No, it's 'chic', and no, it's not 'some foreign word'. Yes, it may be of French origin, but usage in the English language goes back to the 1870s. I may be the Geekie CHICK, but my blog is named Geekie CHIC.
But if you get the pronunciation right on the first try - then, my friend, we are going to get along so very well.


34) I like keeping my watch five minutes ahead so that I'm never late. Lateness is for losers, I believe. So, at least on my wrist watch, I go by Swati Standard Time. ^_^

35) Most of my novel-related ideas come to me while I'm just about to go to sleep. So I spend the next hour or two thinking about characters and dialogues and scenes, and then I wake up the next morning feeling groggy and tired. #writerproblems

36) I don't know anything about sports, and neither do I want to. I'll stick to Quidditch, thank you very much.
If you ask me what I think is the greatest moment in sports history, I'll say, "Viktor Krum caught the snitch but Ireland won the Cup."

37) My favourite colour is blue, and most of the clothes in my wardrobe are also blue. Somehow wearing blue makes me feel energised and happy. Why do people say blue is a depressing colour? It really isn't.

38) This is very personal, but if I ever have a son, I'll name him Anshuman, after my best friend. If I have a daughter, I'd love to name her Mahi, after the protagonist in my novel. :)

39) I love Jennifer Lawrence, but sometimes I wonder if the 'hilariously normal girl' thing is an act. I hope not.

40) If I could meet any celebrity in the world, I'd meet Emma Stone. Or Emma Watson. I go back and forth; I really can't decide.


41) I love those movies where the hero and the heroine dance or sing together on stage at the end. I have this secret fantasy (well, not secret anymore) where I'll find myself in the exact same scenario and I'll sing and dance like a superstar.

42) I've never been to a karaoke place. I really want to go, though, even if I make a complete fool of myself!

43) A few years ago, I was crazy about wearing heels because I didn't like being short. Now, wearing heels makes me very uncomfortable. Ballet flats and chappals for the win! :D

44) Jeans > Skirts. I have a lot of skirts and dresses that I've never worn even once in my life, but I have only one pair of blue jeans that I wear everywhere.

45) I can't talk if I'm in a big group, but I'm the most talkative person in the world if I'm next to one or two close friends.

46) I always pick the front bench in a classroom. It gives the teacher a good impression of me, and I can concentrate so much better! Plus, you can't talk when you're sitting in front. Thus, annoying people are much less likely to open their mouths and annoy me.


47) I can only eat pasta if it's spaghetti, lasagna or the spiral, twisted kind. If it's the penne or macaroni kind, I won't even taste it. I don't know why. I'm weird.

48) I like Indian Chinese food more than actual Chinese food. 
Tiny, local Chinese Restaurant > Authentic Chinese Restaurant.

49) I actually like the famous Rick-rolling song, Never Gonna Give You Up. It's funny and addictive! Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you....

50) I can't stand to wear a watch inside my house, but I feel naked if I'm not wearing it when I'm out in college, at a restaurant or simply out on the street.

Wow. That took a lot of thinking. Fifty facts about me! If you read all of them, congratulations! You now know me almost as well as I know myself!


Alright, then. This is a 'tag' post, so I'm going to tag all my dear readers to tell me at least a few facts, if not fifty, about themselves. You can send me the link to your Tag post, Youtube video, or simply comment below so I can get to know you better.

Specifically, I'm tagging three of my Blogger friends: Red Handed, Yasmine and Rebecca Maria.

I hope you liked reading about me. I'm a very cool person, as you may have already gathered.

Well, see you later, folks!
Bye!

22 comments:

  1. Hahah! Swati amazing post! Your first question made me laugh! I dont know how to swim too but that's very true imagine if its a life or death situation but God for bid that happened. Also am am not a big fan of talking on the phone too unless its like my best friends or family but like you said immediate, am a fan of texting too I find it better and an excuse to use emojis ;) You so understand why keep it long especially when they are tapping on a surface that sound annoys me! Awrh! Those are beautiful names Swati! If I had a daughter I would call her Francesca after my mum and a son Luke or Luca just love the name :) I loved your questions, made me laugh and really relatable. Thank you for tagging me, cant wait to do this and I will tell you! xo

    Rebecca,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked knowing me better, Rebecca! Can't wait to read your tag. :D

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about 15 of these.... I'm a bad bff. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssssh. You probably knew them all subconsciously. Which ones, though? XD

      Delete
  3. swati.... ur are long lost friend! :P if we ever meet, u and me in a coffee house, with long harry potter and hunger game talks! :P btw, who are ur fav characters ?? o.O and i would have watched all the episodes of friends like 5 times, and when anything happens in school, i'd be like" omg, have u seen friends?exactly something like this happened there" and i absolutely LOVE CHOCOLATE CAKE! :P how dont u?? -_-

    P.S- sorry, for any grammatical errors! ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I don't like chocolate cake. I guess it's because of the icing... I wouldn't mind chocolate cake with vanilla icing.

      Yes!! Coffee house, long Potter/THG/Friends talks. :D

      My favourite characters... Hermione, Luna, Neville, Peeta, Chandler and Monica. And yours? :)

      Delete
    2. i have actually always loved bellatrix and snape! :D and of cousr, sirius black! ;)
      oh, and have u read the immortals of meluha??

      Delete
    3. Nope, but it's on my TBR list. :)

      Delete
  4. 3) Totally agree! I didn't find Caleb's earlier look very attractive but now he looks the hottest out of all guys(specially since Toby has started to look like a hippie -_-)

    8) Same here. Only my teachers and acquaintances call me by my full name.

    9) You hate coffee? Why?

    19) Sadly, I have to encounter at least one person everyday who uses incorrect grammar. And when you correct them, instead of thanking me they get annoyed! Huh, I'm doing you a favour, random person.

    25) FSOG is the most unappealing novel I've ever encountered. Even more than Twilight.

    27) You don't like chocolate? Why?

    28) Even chihuahuas?

    33) I got it right the first time! Broadband connection high five!

    34) Even I do this. Helps a lot in exams, but is kind of painful during the last few minutes of a boring class.

    39) So do I!

    42) Me too!

    46), 48) and 50) Agreed! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw Caleb with that short haircut, I just thought, "WOW."
      And Toby looks weird now, agreed.

      Coffee gives me a headache. The drink, not the flavour. And I like chocolate, I just don't like it on a cake. Makes me sick, somehow.

      I didn't think about chihuahuas. I guess they're okay, because they're small like puppies.

      I like it when people have a lot in common with me. :D

      Delete
  5. That comment was so long, yet I forgot to include something.
    I was actually going to message you today asking when your next post will be. And congrats on the 20,000 hits! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ah, college and Mumbai have been so hectic. I just don't get enough peace and serenity to actually be able to work on my writing. But hey, I'm sure I'll adjust soon enough. ^_^

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on 20000! Trust me, if/when thr hunger games come around most people will be in big trouble anyway... I know it's preference but guys with long hair... ♥... hahah. As long as it's not the straight blonde type of long hair! I know what you feel like when it comes to eating without tissues or serviettes- I have the same! And for drinking, too! Although I probably make many mistakes, I hate grammatical errors so much as well! >_< (But) I love chocolate cake! (I prefer fruit cake, but let's be honest, any cake will do.) You are one weird biscuit. :) Anyway, great post Swati! Thank you for tagging me! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I am weird, aren't I? ^_^
      Hope you make one of these posts too. Can't wait to read it. :)

      Delete
  7. CARDIO DANCE WORKOUT....FTW!! Its the best thing ever no?!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are one amazing woman!!!
    Thanks a ton for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the BEST THINGS EVER!!!! :D :D
      You have to do a post like this too, okay?

      Delete
  8. I must say your style of writing is very impressive! You have a fantastic blog and all the pictures are wonderful! Loved everything!

    Would you like to follow each other? Do visit my blogs and let me know in comments where you follow and I will follow back from both my blogs!! :)

    Love
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I'll definitely check out your blogs. :)

      Delete
  9. Point 18
    What if they say no? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then nothing. I'm still friends with you, aren't I? :P

      I guess a non-bookworm and I won't have that much to talk about... but we could still become really good friends. Depends on what that person is like.

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)