Thursday, 17 July 2014

Bombay Blues // Just a Random Update #1

Howdy, people!


Well, I'm finally in Mumbai and college has officially started. I don't have any good ideas for a normal blog post, so I thought I'd do an update and let you all know that I'm still alive and kicking.

Honestly speaking, Mumbai is a whole other world when compared to Bangalore. Practically everything that can be different is different.

I really miss the weather in Bangalore - the light drizzle, the cool summer breeze.... In Mumbai, it's always raining. And it's always a heavy rainstorm. So at any given point....


And the humidity is a little scary. Looking back, I feel like Bangalore has zero humidity in comparison to Mumbai.

Next, let's talk about the language. Wherever you go, people talk in Hindi. On the road, inside my room, on the phone, inside the classroom... even the teachers freely switch from English to Hindi while teaching!
I love Hindi. It's my favourite language, and I never liked the fact that Hindi isn't so popular in Bangalore. But now, I'm starting to miss speaking in English, or talking about English movies or TV shows.

Everyone I've met so far loves watching Hindi soap operas, and those shows are really not my cup of tea.

People dress differently here. Mumbai is the Bollywood capital of the country, so nobody bats an eyelid if you walk on the road wearing a dress or a mini-skirt. The opposite happens in Bangalore, so that's a plus point for Mumbai. It's extremely safe for women, even late at night.

I haven't made too many friends. I don't really mind, though, because as you already know, I don't like people so much. And might I add that I haven't met any Harry Potter/The Hunger Games/Pokemon fans yet? What sort of a world is this?! I need fandom buddies!


And at least five auto rickshaws will refuse before one agrees to take you. I'd walk if the weather were pleasant, but that's not the case most of the time.

Classes range from boring to interesting, so that's one thing both cities have in common.

I think that's it for now. I'll write a book review or write another People Who Annoy Me post when I have time. If this post bored you, then... well, I wasn't forcing you to read it, was I? ^_^

Bye-bye!

6 comments:

  1. Let me guess, people love Jodha Akbar! I don't watch that show (or any Hindi soap opera, for that that matter) but I've heard a lot of people talking about it at school.
    Pokemon fans are rare. THG fans might be a little easier to find as compared to that but seriously? No Harry Potter fans yet? :-o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never even heard of that show...
      No Harry Potter fans yet. Found a couple of THG fans, although they're otherwise too loud and girly and giggly and that makes me uncomfortable.
      A few people said they liked the Potter movies, but that the books were boring. So... no way. -_-

      Delete
  2. I love Mumbai because of the local trains, the shopping , the Leopold and the safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't had a chance to shop yet. The safety, definitely. Really makes me feel comfortable in this city!

      Delete
  3. No Harry Potter fan? really? That's a shocker!

    Even I don't like people so much :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met two Potterheads now, but... they already have their own group of friends. :\
      People can get very annoying... especially in person. Talking to them online is still okay, but face-to-face is really tiring!

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)