Friday, 15 August 2014

The 6 Best Things About Going Back Home

Yes, dearest friends ... it has finally happened. Finally.
I'M HOME!!!


Granted, it's not the city or the house I've been living in for the past four years, but it's still home. And it's still good old South India. I've missed my fellow South Indians.

And I know that most of my old and new classmates are back home this weekend (Happy Independence day, Indian Geeks!), so I thought I would voice everyone's thoughts. Being home is the best! And here's why:

1) Family:
Oh, how I've missed my adorable mother and my cute, hyper-active father who calls me 'the darling of India'. A few months ago, I was looking forward to college so I could get away from said parents. Now, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. My parents understand me so perfectly. I don't think anyone apart from my sister knows me as well as my parents do.
 My family is the best family in the world!

2) Friends:
Okay, this doesn't apply to me.
But when you're back in your hometown at the same time as your high school buddies... fun is about to happen, people. You will take the city by storm and raid all your favourite places to hang out. You'll share horror stories of people you've met in your one crazy month of college and everyone will hug each other and laugh and cry and shout.


3) Wi-Fi:
Let me just say it: high-speed Wi-Fi for the win!
That's possibly the best thing about home (I still love you, dear parents). I don't need to wait two hours to download a movie and I won't have to worry about connection problems when I'm Skyping with my best friend.
And if your parents are anything like mine, they only use the internet for email, networking, and occasionally YouTube. So you and I can download things to our hearts' content without having to worry about the monthly usage!
60 GB, people! Hmmm... which TV show should I become addicted to next?


4) Food:
The food in my college is actually really tasty and affordable. But there's something wonderful about coming back home to people who know your favourite dishes by heart - and are willing to prepare those dishes for you.
Say hello to healthy, delicious, wholesome meals that will fill your tummy and still make you long for more!


5) Sleeping:
I slept till noon today after a very, very long time... it felt really good.
No matter what time you wake up at home, you'll still be fed tasty egg-white omelettes and Froot loops and you'll still be showered with so much love. Your parents won't judge you for waking up late because they understand how stressful it is to change cities and start a new life.

6) The Shower:
I have to shower in ten minutes every day because I share a bathroom with a LOT of people. And I have to constantly worry about hygiene and hot water. And no more singing in the shower!
But at home... everything's perfect. I can sing to my heart's content and I can spend an entire hour in the shower without anyone pounding on my door asking me to hurry up. What could be better?


Most importantly... home is where the heart is. There is no place that's more comfortable than home. Of course, everyone's idea of home is different. But to me, home is where I'm closest to my loved ones. And that's where I am, right now. :)

If you've gone home for the weekend, cherish these moments with your friends and family and have as much fun as possible. If you aren't going home any time soon... don't worry. As Luna Lovegood once said, the things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end.


So no matter what, have a great weekend, folks! I'll see you next time.

6 comments:

  1. Can relate to ALL the six points, except not to the speed of WiFi per se, but with respect to accessing certain "banned" websites. :D
    Loved this post, Swats. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosh. Although I'm not sure why I'm replying to this post a year late. XD

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)