Monday, 29 September 2014

Geekie Chic Turns One!


Guess what, dear readers?

It has been exactly a year since Geekie Chic's first post on 29th September 2013!!!! A whole year! Twelve months! 52 weeks! 365 days!!!

And it makes me very happy to say that this blog has changed my life. This blog has been an outlet for me to express my feelings, to fangirl about everything I love, and to talk about the things that matter to me. Without this blog, I don't know where or what I would be. 


It's hard to believe that in just one short year, this blog has crossed 24,000 views; I now have 18 followers on Google Friend connect and another 154 Geeks on Facebook.
I've written 85 posts over the past year. I know it isn't a very huge number, and I do know that I haven't been posting on the blog very often lately, but I'd still like to count it as a major achievement.


I've got the most views on my reviews of Vellvette/Fab Bag, the beauty subscription bags, but I don't think those are the best posts I've written. Quantity and quality don't always go hand-in-hand.

I'd like to mention a few posts that I feel very proud about. They may not have the most number of views or comments, but they focus on issues that I find very important.
If you've been a regular follower of the blog, let me know in the comments which posts you liked the best. :)

As for reviews... here are the best movies I've seen and the best books I've read over the past year...


... And here are some that I wish I could forget about...

As for the beauty blog posts, which are actually few in number, I don't have any personal favourites. They are what they are.

One thing I love is that this blog has brought out my inner fangirl. Earlier, I didn't have anyone to fangirl with. Now, I can just make a post about it on the Facebook page.

Plus, I don't enjoy talking about myself that much. It's easier for other people to get to know me through this blog.
I actually became better friends with one of my classmates in college because of this blog! That's how we both realised we were in almost all the same fandoms.
And I've remained in touch with my schoolmates because of this blog. It lets them know what's going on in my life.
The internet and the blogosphere make communication so much easier!

The first year of Geekie Chic has brought so many wonderful things - and people - into my life. I wonder what the next year, and the ones after that, will bring.

Here's to hoping for the best. Have a wonderful day, Geeks! :)

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy, for you Swati! Your an amazing blogger and someone i look up to :) Your a true inspiration xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrey baba! Second time comment, again! :P

    Congratulations, my favourite geek! :D
    My favourite posts? Too many to name (again). But off the top of my head - "Success" is overrated, Rejection (This post helped me understand you better), Your role models (which had Hermoine in it - I feel you, sister. xD ), FMLP review, 'I love course era..', F.R.I.E.N.D.S quiz wala post, and all those posts that you'd written on surviving in a new city - I could relate to almost every word you'd said, especially that 50 things about me. :D
    Congratulations once again, Swats! :D
    So proud of you!
    You go, girl! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rooooosh! :D :D
      And thank you, for being with GC every step of the way. :')

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Swati! Your The Bell Jar review actually convinced me to read the book, and 'Success' is overrated was definitely one of many many great posts on your blog, and I hope there'll be more to come! <3
    Oooohh I'm soo proud and sorry for my late comment! >_>
    Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    By the way, my blog is turning one in 11 eleven days and I'm hosting a poll to decide on the first anniversary post.
    The link is:http://rsoundarya0707.blogspot.in/2015/04/nothing-in-particular1-and-you-can-vote.html
    Your vote will mean a lot to me and please vote if possible. :)
    Amazing post and I love your blog <3

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)