Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Au Revoir, College // Just a Random Update #5

My first year of college is OVER!


Can I just say how surreal this feels? It feels like only a few weeks ago I was a scared, pessimistic first year student who was home-sick and lonely and friendless... and here I am, almost ten months later, completely the opposite.

It's hard to believe that ten months have passed since my first update post. And if you've been following my blog for the past year, you'd know that I wasn't too optimistic about college or exams or life in general.
And I guess part of that was justified, considering the fact that a business school isn't even where I belong. But my first year of college has taught me a lot, and I'm incredibly grateful for everything that has happened so far.

I've learnt that home isn't a city or an apartment or a place. Home is where your loved ones are. Home is where the heart is.


I've learnt that you can't judge people because of their looks or where they're from or their drinking habits or their marks. People are people. At the end of the day, I like to believe that they all have a good heart. And most of the time, I'm right about that.

I've learnt that happiness isn't defined by the number of friends you have, your marks or your relationship status. Happiness is defined by you. In most cases, you can choose to be happy.

I've learnt that being alone and being lonely are two completely different things. I'm often lonely in a crowd, but almost never when I'm alone. Solitude is one of the greatest things in life. I've learnt to treasure it. And if you're a quiet person about to go to college - trust me, you're going to cherish every single moment of solitude that you can get.


I've learnt that being good at something isn't enough when it comes to your future career. You aren't necessarily good at the things you like, and you don't always like the things you're good at.
For me, it turns out that although I may be good at what I'm currently studying, I don't enjoy it enough to practise it for life.

I've learnt that teenagers are not particularly my favourite kind of people. But they do have their virtues. (At least some of them do.)

I've learnt that the friendships you had in school may not continue forever. The friends you make in your first week of college may not be the friends you end up with on your last day of college. The friends you make just a few weeks before your last day might end up being the people you're going to live with for the next two years of your life. And that's okay.


I've learnt that time flies by before you even know it. So don't waste it doing the things you hate. Don't waste it doing the things that make you sad. Don't waste it doing the things that make you happy now but will make you miserable in the future.

Just live for happiness. And food. And books. And friendship. And love.

As far as I'm concerned, that's the only life worth living.

Have an amazing summer vacation, Geeks! I'm going back home tomorrow night, and I can't wait to spend the next two months with the people I love the most in the world. Let's hope I'll have an eventful summer, so there are at least a few things to blog about. Until then, farewell!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing one year in College.

    College is one place you will get a chance to explore the most, be it studies, people, places, or anything fun. Cherish your days while in college. After it is done, you will have to be career oriented and have to do things accordingly. The time for fun slowly fades away.

    Have a great vacation at home. :)
    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)