Saturday, 11 April 2015

3 More Favourite Trailers!


Hello, dear Geeks.
As you may already know, I'm a big fan of trailers, and last year, I even made a post discussing my top five favourite trailers. Since then, I've discovered a few more movies and their trailers, so here we are today. Read on to find out which three trailers made the cut (in no particular order)!

1) Little Manhattan

Little Manhattan is one of my favourite movies, but considering the fact that it's a decade old, I had never been able to watch the trailer until recently. And then I fell in love with the movie all over again, and I also discovered two songs that are now on my 'favourites' playlist: 'Miracles' by Matt White and 'Someone Saved My Life' by Elton John.
Check out the trailer below. Is there anything more adorable than baby Josh Hutcherson? I think not.

Favourite dialogues: 
Gabe: "Hey there, pretty lady. How's it goin', girl? Hey, Rosemary Telesco."

Gabe: "It only lasted two weeks. But when you're eleven years old, two weeks can be a lifetime."

Favourite scene:
1:45 onwards.


2) The Divergent Series: Insurgent

Although this trailer makes the movie look like the cinematised version of a different book altogether, you have to admit that Insurgent's trailer is jam-packed with action. And the music in this trailer gives me goosebumps - every time.
If you're a Divergent fan and you haven't seen the movie yet, you should consider it. Here's my review.

Favourite dialogue:
Tris: "I'm not gonna fight you."
Jeanine: "Of course you're not. You're gonna fight YOU."

Favourite scene: 
Coincidentally, 1:45 onwards again.


3) The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Perks has now made it into the list of my all-time favourite movies ever. Although I'm not a fan of the book, I loved the movie adaptation, and I loved this trailer even more. It's so relatable. I feel like a lot of the things Charlie says in this trailer are things I've thought myself. For example: "Tomorrow is my first day... and I really want to turn things around this year."
The heartwarming music helps, too. One of the first track they use is also used in the TFIOS trailer, another one of my favourites.

Favourite dialogues:
Mr. Anderson: "You know, they say if you make one friend on your first day, you're doing okay."
Charlie: "If my English teacher is the only friend I make today, that would be sort of depressing."

Charlie: "Do you think if people knew how crazy you really were, no one would ever talk to you?"
(Sam and Patrick laugh)
Sam: "Come on, let's go be psychos together."

Charlie: "I really want to be a writer, but I don't know what I'd write about."
Sam: "You could write about us."
Patrick: "Call it 'Slut and the Falcon'. Make us solve crimes!"


Sam: "Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like we're nothing?"
Charlie: "We accept the love we think we deserve."

Charlie: "I know there are people who say all these things don't happen. I know these will all be stories someday. But right now, we are alive. And in this moment, I swear we are infinite."

Favourite scene:
Gah, I can't pick. I love every second of this trailer. I'd say as of now, this is my number one favourite trailer. I like it even better than my fandom trailers.



I know this has been a short post, but I do have quite a lot on my plate at the moment, so forgive me for that.
Anyway, these were some trailers I really wanted to share with the world. I'd like to know what your favourite trailers are. Are they also your favourite movies? Let the comment box know.

Bye! :)

2 comments:

  1. Perks of being a wallflower is amazing!I love the book as well.Read that?
    I like Little Manhattan too it is so innocent and cool :P

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did mention in the post that I'm not a fan of the book. The writing style didn't appeal to me at all, even though I loved the story. The movie was a brilliant adaptation, though.
      One of the rare instances where I loved the movie much more than the book. :)

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)