Saturday, 10 October 2015

Silver Linings // Just a Random Update #8

Last time I spoke to you about my life, I wasn't doing too well. What with college and moving in and work and making new friends... life was really hectic. Things haven't changed that much, but I think I have.

I know a lot more people in my class now, even though I don't talk to them at all, but I've actually made two really good friends. And you Geeks know that to me, two is the perfect number.  My new friends are a lot like me - introverted and sarcastic and awesome - and we eat each other's lunches every day.

My roommate and I are really close now, too. We've been on a room decorating spree (if you follow me on Instagram, you'll know). From sea green curtains to glow-in-the-dark stars to spray painted walls to beautiful wall stickers... we've gone all out. I can't take any of the credit, though. She has an eye for design.

I didn't do that well in my midterms, and to be honest... I don't really care. I don't want to say that I don't have time for it, because it isn't true, but being a straight-A student just isn't my priority anymore. And that's okay, because I don't have to be the best at everything I do. All I need to be is happy. And getting overwhelmed because of some numbers on a piece of paper is not going to make me happy.


As for work and writing, both are going great. I'm posting my second novel, Not That Kind of Girl, on Wattpad. You can read it here. The response is great so far, but I'd love a few more readers.

What's next? I'm going to start saving up so I can buy a decent camera, because I really want to get into YouTube and possibly start my career as a motivational speaker. I'm also considering sending my first novel (A Soft Spot for Hate, which you can read here) to some publishers so that I can finally call myself a published author instead of just sitting around wishing for it to happen.


That's it for now. I'm sure I'm going to have bigger and better things to talk about the next time I do an update post, so keep your fingers crossed, Geeks.
What have you been up to lately? How's school, or college, or work? What kind of content would you like to see on my YouTube channel? Leave your comments below. I'll see you soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. This article made me feel a lot better because even I hadn't done that well on my midsems, and because of that I've been really pushing myself hard lately and I've also become really moody. But I'm working on finding a balance between studies and fun, and getting better at it. I've also been reading your first update from last year about when you started college.

    It has been so long since I've written anything, I've completely forgotten about my book. I haven't updated in months and I feel kinda guilty about it. But at the same time, I don't want to just write anything an produce sub-standard work.

    I'm already excited for your YouTube channel, and fingers crossed for your book! All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exams aren't the end of life, after all. What matters is enjoying your college life and looking forward to what the future will bring.

      Yeah, I've been procrastinating with my next novel (Always You), too... I have the story and scenes all planned, it's just writing it down that's difficult. I'm sure you can relate to that, too. :)

      Delete

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)