Saturday, 27 May 2017

What's On My Playlist (May 2017)

I think the last WOMP blog post I did was a year ago. Wow. I've heard a lot - and I mean a LOT - of good music since then, but unfortunately I can't include all of it here. So here goes: the top five songs on my playlist this month!

(I know I usually do ten songs, but I figured that's a bit much, so five it is.)

1) Strangers | Halsey & Lauren Jauregui


I'm so glad one of my friends introduced me to Halsey last year. She's soon becoming one of my favourite artists. Her songs never - and I mean never - disappoint.
I heard this song yesterday, and I was spellbound. It's about drifting apart from your girlfriend and not being able to do a damn thing. Yes, it's a lesbian song, but still so relatable.

Favourite lyric:

// When I wake up all alone
And I'm thinking of your skin
I remember, I remember what you told me
Said that we're not lovers, we're just strangers
With the same damn hunger
To be touched, to be loved, to feel anything at all //

2) The Night We Met | Lord Huron


Look, I hated 13 Reasons Why. I absolutely hated it, because I felt it depicted suicide and mental illness in the worst light possible. But this song, which plays during a memorable moment between Clay and Hanna, is simply beautiful. I especially love the 'ooooh' that plays x2 in the beginning. Just gives me chills - in a good way!

Favourite lyric:

// I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met //

3) Beauty and the Beast | Ariana Grande & John Legend


Okay, old song, I know. But somehow this song reminds me of Mahi and Ranveer from my very first YA romance, A Soft Spot for Hate, because it's all about changing your perspective and seeing someone for who they are and not who you presumed them to be, prejudices be damned. I know a lot of people like the original better, but this one just speaks to me more.

Favourite lyric:

// Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bitter-sweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong //

4) Malibu | Miley Cyrus

I've always been a Miley fan, from her Who Owns My Heart era to her Adore You stage, but this song seems to come straight from her heart. It's about her relationship with Liam Hemsworth, and though I hate Gale Hawthorne, I do like Liam and Miley together, so yay! This song is so breezy and fun. I could dance to it all day. And how cute is the video? I love the part with the colourful balloons!

Favourite lyric:

// I never would've believed you
If three years ago you told me
I'd be here writing this song
But here I am
Next to you
The sky's so blue
In Malibu //

5) Eyes Closed | Halsey


Yes, another Halsey song. Because I love her.
This one's about having feelings for your ex even while you're with someone else. Again, quite relatable, judging by all the YouTube comments. I love the sick beat, and her voice! Seriously, her voice is the female equivalent of Matt Murdock's voice.

Favourite lyric:

// Now if I keep my eyes closed he looks just like you
But he'll never stay, they never do
Now if I keep my eyes closed he feels just like you
But you've been replaced
I'm face to face with someone new //

______________________________________________________________________

What are your top five songs at the moment? Heard any of these? I'd love to hear your thoughts. What's your take on Miley's new look?

Oh, and I'm planning to start a YouTube channel very soon. Once I get my hands on a good camera. Yes, it's very exciting.  Let me know in the comments below what kind of videos you'd like to see.

See you soon, Geeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind, Geeks? Let me know! :)